Welcome!

Welcome to my first blog. I feel with all the emotions running rampant that this would be a positive outlet for me to share my rants, frustrations, joys and tribulations in my journey to find a job.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Why are there so many idiots in the world?

Ok kinda off topic but have to rant. I waited until dear stepson was picked up by his mom to go treat myself and get a haircut. I want to appear professional and well groomed for my interview on Monday. Anything that can help, right? So I pull into my parking spot at the hair salon. As I was walking to their front door this man in his 50's or 60's started running towards the same place of business. I figured what a nice gentleman, he was rushing to get the door for me right? Nope! He was a selfish nasty little man trying to beat me out to get his hair cut before me, hell he didnt even hold the door for me, he weasled his way through the door ahead of me! I mumbled "figures".. God I was fuming mad. When they called him back for his cut he proceeded to show his asshole self by complaining about hair being on the chair. When the poor gal asked how much he wanted cut off he stated he didnt carry measuring tools with him for her to figure it out. He was a total ASS! He was dressed in khaki shorts, bergenstock shoes, maybe 5'5, whimpy/skinny and balding gray/black hair and looked like a tree loving hippy. As I sat waiting for my turn to get my hair cut I started wondering what lesson there was to learn from all of this. One of my best friends had said that now when someone cuts her off in traffic, instead of getting upset she tells herself that they are an angel and for some reason had to get ahead of her to protect her. I wondered what possibly was there to be applied to this situation. Ah hah, that's it, the chair would malfunction and dump him on his ass! I wish! Nothing out of the ordinary happened. However, when he mentioned his wife, I sooo wanted to say "you have got to be kidding me, someone actually married you?" I know, I should not have let this little dweeb of an excuse of a man get to me so much, but seriously, he went out of his way to be rude! After he left I asked the girls at the shop if they have heard of the song "I pray for you". They hadn't so I enlightened them to a few verses and then laughed and said yep, Im praying for him. A little humor always turns the mood around and now, mr. rude man, Im praying for you!

1 comment:

  1. This kind of situation has nothing to do with the other guy or his rudeness. This is to help you with your reactions. If rude people will cause us to go off-kilter, then we are going to constantly have bad days because there are SO many rude people. Who wants rude people to have that kind of power over us? Not me!
    View him differently. Instead of seeing him as incredibly rude, consider what might be happening to him to cause such behavior. Maybe he just isn't thinking straight? Maybe he was never taught how to be polite, or maybe he's just had a death in the family. Maybe he just lost his job.
    I'm not making excuses for the guy. This isn't about him. It's about his ability to ruin your good mood. Start looking at rude people as opportunities to feel compassion and open your heart. It will help you have a more peaceful life.

    ReplyDelete